- 2 ripe green mangoes (or 4 small Ataulfo ones), peeled
- A handful of Thai basil leaves
- 2 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- A handful of picked coriander leaves, reserving the stalks for the dressingfor the dressing
- Coriander stalks (left over from the leaves)
- zest of 2 limes
- juice of 2 limes
- 30g palm sugar, or plain white sugar
- 1 small medium-strength green chilly – be really cautious here – you may be wise to start with a half of one and increase the heat if /when desiredMake the dressing:
- seed and clean up the chilli
- throw all the ingredients into a blender and blend like hell
- check the level of sweetness – may need to add a tiny bit more sugar
- put the ready product into a little jar in the fridge
- With a peeler or mandolin, slice the mango flesh as thinly as possible around the stone
- Put it into a bowl with the Thai basil leaves, shallots and coriander.
- Add the dressing – mix – serve!