After extravagant Easter festivities we are left with far too many pieces of wonderful hams, sausages, vegetable salads.. and, beautifully decorated, hard boiled eggs.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled,
- 1 pickled or fresh jalapeño, seeds and stems removed, diced finely,
- 1 green onion, finely chopped, green part only (about a tablespoon) – or a finely cut generous bunch of fresh chives from the garden,
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro,
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin,
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise,
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard,
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice,
- Salt, black pepper and cayenne to taste,
- Bread or tortilla chips for serving.
- Roughly chop the eggs .
- Gently stir in the jalapeño, green onion, ground cumin, mayonnaise, mustard and lemon juice.
- Add salt, black pepper and cayenne to taste.
- Mix in a few leaves of cilantro, decorate the final product with the rest.
Serve either on bread for a sandwich or tortilla chips as a dip.