Absolute winner – has dedicated and very loyal fans among our friends. It is a summer fare, especially when you have unlimited supply of strong fresh mint in your garden.
- 24 large mint leaves
- 1/4 oz (50 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 cups (500 mL) bourbon
- Ice cubes
- Mint sprigs (optional
- Place mint leaves and sugar in a pitcher.
- Using a wooden spoon, mash leaves with sugar against side of pitcher to release flavour. Stir in bourbon until sugar dissolves completely.
- Cover and refrigerate to allow flavours to blend, at least 5 hours or up to half a day. Don’t worry if mint leaves darken because mixture will be strained.
- Just before serving, fill glasses with ice.
- Strain bourbon mixture, then pour into glasses.
- Garnish each with a fresh sprig of mint.